Monday, November 17, 2014

This is Why We Rescue

My Tuesday's Tails posts are so often filled with sad stories and animals who continue to sit in a shelter after years.  Today's post is different.  Today's post is packed with wonderful news.

Do you remember Rico?


Rico had been at the HSNI for close to a year...worse yet, it was his second time around in a shelter.  A few weeks ago, he found his forever family!  He doesn't have to wait behind bars anymore.  He has a home to call his own!  

Now, I know you remember Beau and Chachi, the sweet senior couple who everyone loved but no one seemed to want.  (Photos courtesy of HSNI and Arickx Photography)

 

I cried tears of joy when I found out that these little loves had found a home.  After over a year of waiting, Beau and Chachi finally got to meet their new family, an older couple with lots of love to spare.  I am definitely going to miss these two, but I'm overjoyed at their good fortune - I can't wait for updates!  

This is why we work so hard in rescue, isn't it?  This is why we bust our asses sorting through applications, driving across the state, shoveling poop, etc.  Happy endings like these make it all so worth it, am I right?  There's really nothing like a good rescue story to put a smile on your face :)  Thank you all so much for sharing Rico, Beau, and Chachi.  It's people like you that make all the difference.

Also, Goldie is still looking for a home.  Please share her story as much as you can <3



13 comments:

  1. Lovely stories, we luffs a happy ending !
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love reading happy adoption stories! Sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippppeeer we love forever home stories
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  4. So great to hear about the adoptions! I definitely remember you posting Beau and Chachi a couple of months ago. Thanks for sharing the news.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you remembered them! I was very worried about how things would end up for Beau and Chachi, so you can imagine how overjoyed I was to hear this news. Thanks for reading! <3

      Delete
  5. It always makes my heart happy when i read success stories. Thank you for sharing! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's really no better feeling, is there? :) Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  6. Awww, we are so THRILLED for those three cuties. We've read your past posts about them and it has always broken our hearts that they were unwanted. Such wonderful news! And just in time for the holidays :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still can't believe it! :D I was especially worried about what might happen to Beau and Chachi if they were in the shelter for much longer, so I was absolutely OVERWHELMED with happiness when I heard the news! Thanks so much for always reading and supporting <3

      Delete
  7. That is SUCH good news!!! YEA!!! I'm doin' a happy dance and havin' a margarita...okays, maybe not in that order...☺
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BOL! Ruby, you are too cute! :D Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  8. Great news! Love to hear happy endings! Will go over and share Goldie!

    ReplyDelete